Welcome to the Ben Franklin website! Check in often as updates happen often!
Reporting Student ABSENCES
By 9:00 AM on the day your student is absent, parents/guardians must notify the Main Office reporting the absence. Absences not reported by parents/guardians will be marked “unexcused” and will remain unexcused until we receive notification as follows:
Please report absences no more than 48 hours before the absence. Please include student's full name, grade, date(s) and reason for the absence.
1. (Preferred method) EMAIL the absence to BenFranklin-Attendance@pointschools.net
2. Leave a VOICEMAIL or CALL any time before 9am to the Main Office at 715-345-5413
3. If reporting an early release for an appointment or other personal reason, please use this form. (BF student release form) Send the form or parent note with your student the day of the appointment or release. This will act as the students pass out of class/school.
4. If a student is going to be out 3 or more consecutive days, please email or send a note indicating absence dates no more than a week prior to the absence. Your student will turn that note in to the Attendance Secretary and take a required Pre-Arranged absence form to their teachers to sign.
SAVE THE DATES!
Freshman Formal February 3, 2024
Spring E-cycle at Ben Franklin on Saturday, May 18th, 2024
COVID PROTOCOLS- SCHOOL YEAR 2023-2024
After discussion with the Portage County Health Department, it has been determined the district will follow the protocols below for positive COVID cases:
-Staff and students should remain out of the buildings for five days from the onset of symptoms
- It is recommended (not required) that the individual then mask for an additional five days
WORK PERMITS are now issued online ONLY.