ACADEMIC & CAREER PLANS (ACP)
The mission of Academic and Career Planning is to empower students with the knowledge, skills, and experience to create their individual vision of post-secondary success.
KNOW - Who am I?
- Self-awareness - Personality, Values, Interests, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Reflection and Goal Setting
EXPLORE - What do I want to do?
- Find out about the world of work and explore careers
- Career Research
- Career Awareness Assessments
- Career Clusters
PLAN - How do I get there?
- Consider skills, classes, and degrees that different jobs require
- Find work-based learning opportunities
- Explore and experience particular fields of interests
- Look into options for experience:
-Work based learning opportunities
-Postsecondary training options
-Financial plan for postsecondary routes
-Community based learning opportunities
GO - Do!
- Action and Experiences
- Modify your plan and goals when needed
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Course/Youth Options Courses
- Career Exploration Courses
- Youth Apprenticeship
- Job Shadowing
There are certain activities to complete by grade level, but ACP is a fluid process of exploring who you are, what you want to do, how you're going to get there, and taking action. Continue to re-evaluate your goals and continuously KNOW, EXPLORE, PLAN, and GO!