Looking for copyright free Multimedia websites?
You have found the right place! The links below are websites that provide copyright free multimedia.
Keep in mind... "to give credit, where credit is due." This means that attribution might be necessary. The photographer/videographer (creator) will stipulate this on or near the multimedia they are sharing. Many use the Creative Commons licenses. For a brief overview of Copyright, Creative Commons and Public Domain visit the bottom of this page.
- Pics4Learning - allows downloading and saving this image to Google Drive. This also provides a citation for their images. QR Code access
- Photos For Class - if you click on a picture it will automatically download it. (Many images are pulled from Pixabay.) QR Code access
- Unsplash - provides quality photos. According to their license page, these photos can be used for free, however it is encouraged to provide attribution. QR Code access
- Coverr - this is a public domin website, so attribution is suggested. QR Code access
- Beachfront B-Roll - The creator has a YouTube playlist you could visit to see options. QR Code access
- Soundzabound - Provided through Wisconsin Media Lab.
website allows you to search for various media types. In the search box, enter the topic, adjust the small checkboxes under the search box, then select the website to search in. You will be directed to that website results. Be sure to provide attribution.
When teaching attribution to students, this Creative Commons search engine provides photos from several open archives. Click on a photo and at the bottom, a sample attribution is provided.
Image is from: https://media.gcflearnfree.org/ctassets/topics/204/infographic_copyright.png
For more information please visit the following websites:
Copyright and Fair Use by GCF LearnFree.org
Defining the Creative Commons License conditions
Where do I create the Creative Commons License to add to my work?
Understanding Creative Commons by Laurie Hansen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.