This communication is to provide further information about E-Learning Days should we experience additional closures this school year due to inclement weather. As communicated earlier, in an effort to prevent additional calendar revisions, any school closures between now and the end of the 2022-23 school year will be Synchronous E-Learning days across all PK-12 levels.
The expectations for these days include a synchronous (learning that occurs together, or at the same time) component that is different from the planned E-Learning Days that are used for professional development (February 17, April 6, May 12).
Synchronous E-Learning Day Protocols
Expectations for these students will be shared in a separate communication from PK staff.
Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade
Students will engage in up to 90 minutes of engagement. K-2 Teachers will send home packets with students the day prior to a school closure for inclement weather. Recognizing we will not always have the ability to predict a school closure due to inclement weather, we request your understanding if instructional packets are sent home as a precautionary measure and the forecast shifts and no longer warrants a school closure. If this occurs, simply plan to return unfinished instructional materials with your child/children the following day.
Students will engage in up to 60 minutes of an independent academic activity and 15-20 minutes of an independent MAPELS (Music, Art, Physical Education, Library) activity.
Students will engage in up to 2.5 hours of engagement
7-12th Grades: Ben Franklin, P.J. Jacobs and PoDS
- All students will engage in a 10-15 minute synchronous check-in time. Specifics on the times and format will be communicated to students and families by your school. The synchronous check in will be a 10-15 minute Google Meet to ensure that students are set up to succeed on the Synchronous E-Learning Day.
- Teachers will be available virtually throughout the school day to provide support to students.
10-12th Grades: SPASH
- Teachers will be posting a learning activity by 9:00 AM and students should carefully check each of their classes in Schoology and complete the learning activity for the day.
- If you have missing or incomplete assignments please take advantage of this day to complete and submit these things as well.
- Teachers will be available via email and Google meet from 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM and will also post Google Meet links for “office hours" to provide synchronous support to students.
If your student needs tech support they can call 715.345.5511 or enter a support ticket here.
Thank you in advance for your flexibility and understanding.