Welcome to Bannach Elementary School
We are excited to welcome you to Bannach Elementary - Home of the Bannach Bulldogs.
Bannach (built in 1991) is located on the far east side of Stevens Point in an established and growing residential neighborhood. Our school houses roughly 450 students from kindergarten through sixth grade. Bannach offers YMCA before/ after school care as well as a hot breakfast program served daily in their classrooms. Due to COVID-19, we are not currently inviting volunteers, student teachers, or practicum students into school.
School hours are from 8:45 a.m. to 3:35 p.m. Cadets are on duty 15 minutes before and after each school day session. Staff are on duty to supervise the playground beginning at 8:20 a.m. each school day. We ask that non-bus students do not arrive at school before that time, as no adult supervision is available. Parents, we ask for your help in this effort to have children leave home at an appropriate time to gauge their arrival time at school.
- Kindergarten - Lunch 11:20 & Recess 11:50
- 1st & 2nd grades - Lunch 12:00 & Recess 12:20/12:30
- 3rd & 4th grades - Recess 11:00 & Lunch 11:30/11:40
- 5th & 6th grades - Recess 12:00 & Lunch 12:30/12:40
Children who ride buses are expected to return home on that bus unless a written note from their parent/guardian explaining a change of routine accompanies the child.
Is my child well enough to go to school?
A student should stay home if they have/had:
- a fever of 100 degrees or more - should remain at home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal without medication
- vomiting and/or diarrhea - should remain at home for 24 hours after it has stopped
- a persistent cough
- any rash with fever
- open or draining skin sores
- inflamed or draining eyes or ears
Should a student exhibit any of these symptoms at school, parent/guardians will be contacted to pick up their child. If not available, we will call the emergency phone contacts on file.
For more information call: 715-345-5668
Jessica Champion, Principal.