Point 4 the Future 4-Year-Old Kindergarten
- 4K Enrollment for the 2020-2021 (Current Year) is open. In order to enroll your child for the 2020-2021 school year, your child must be 4-years-old on or before September 1, 2020.
- 4K Enrollment for the 2021-2022 (Next Year) school year will begin on Monday, February 22, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
In order to enroll your child for the 2021-2022 school year, your child must be 4-years-old on or before September 1, 2021. 4K enrollments for the 2021-2022 school year will not be accepted prior to this date and time.
- February 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM will be a Live 4K Point for the Future Program Wide Q&A session. Parents and guardians will be able to register prior and submit questions regarding 4K and registration. More information will follow soon.
- February 2021 4K Virtual Open House for the 2021-2022 School Year will be available to view. During Virtual Open Houses, parents/guardians are invited to tour the various 4K locations to see the classroom space and briefly meet the teacher.
- February 22, 2021 at 8:00 AM 4K Registration will begin for the 2021-2022 school year.
The Stevens Point Area Public School District Point 4 the Future, 4-Year-Old Kindergarten (4K) Program is a community based 4K program, operating in 17 various locations throughout the Stevens Point School District. The program began in 2007 with just over 300 students and has grown to average over 500 students each year.
Each 4K site is unique and offers various opportunities for students, however they are all unified in the curriculum they deliver and the assessment tools used. The 4K program follows the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards. The standards address student's health and physical development, social and emotional development, language development and communication skills, cognition and general knowledge. By using these standards as a guide, the programs are all able to utilize a play-based exploration model that is student initiated.
The mission of the 4K program is to provide equal access to high quality early childhood education for all children.
The 16 facilities include childcare facilities and parochial locations. Currently there are 19 classrooms providing both morning and/or afternoon options for families.
A child is eligible for the 4K program by turning four on or before September 1 of the school year. Parents/Guardians may register children online via Skyward Family Access.
Stevens Point Area Public School District
1900 Polk Street
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Early Learning Principal
Early Learning Administrative Assistant